The Manitoba Association of Health Information Providers (MAHIP) was established in 1976 as the Manitoba Health Libraries Association (MHLA).
In 2002 a working group revised the MHLA constitution, which included a name change to the Manitoba Association of Health Information Providers.
In 2006 the Association began the MAHIP Chapter History Project and created a detailed history of the Association and a digital repository.
Publications about MAHIP include:
- Kroeker, R. The Birth and Growth of the Manitoba Health Libraries Association. Manitoba Library Association Bulletin 1979 June: 22-23
- Pritchard, D. Manitoba Health Libraries Association Part One: Beginnings. MHLA News 1986-87; 9(1): 5-7
- Pritchard, D. Manitoba Health Libraries Association Part Two: The Committee Structure. MHLA News 1986-87; 9(2): 10-14
- Pritchard, D. Manitoba Health Libraries Association Part Three (conclusion): The Broader Scene. MHLA News 1986-87; 9(3): 11-13
- Shaw-Daigle, C, Demczuk, L, Osterreicher, A, Raynard, M. A Look Back on the Prairie: The MHLA/MAHIP Chapter History Project. Journal of the Canadian Health Libraries Association, 2011, 32: 17-19. 10.5596/c11-103
Which also included the creation of the website of MAHIP’s History.
- Dingwall O, Lê M, Monnin C, Szwajcer A, Vokey S. Where do you want to meet? Assessment and evaluation of virtual meeting software. JCHLA. 2014; 35 (2): 64-67.