MAHIP has been invited to participate in the Prairie-wide Exposition with NAHLA and SAHLA, taking place online via Zoom on Tuesday, August 29th, from 5:30-7:00 pm MT / 6:30-8:00 pm CT.
Presentation submissions are due by Tuesday, August 8 and registration will close on August 22.
For further presenter and attendee information (including the registration form), please visit the website.
Past CE Sessions
MAHIP Continuing Education Award
The Manitoba Association of Health Information (MAHIP) Continuing Education Award was created in June 2008. The purpose of the Continuing Education Award is to enhance access to professional development opportunities for MAHIP members.
The association will make available one spot to each continuing education session offer by MAHIP or another continuing education session approved by the MAHIP executive up to $100.00. The continue education session should be related to library work and fit with the values of MAHIP
The Executive will review all applications and make the decision at its discretion on behalf of the membership.
Procedures for Applications:
- Applications must be received by the Executive, preferably in electronic form, a minimum of six weeks before the activity for which support is sought.
- Applicants will be notified of the disposition of their application within one month of receipt of the application by the Executive. All enquiries and correspondence concerning the award should be directed to the Vice President.
Who Should Apply:
- Applicants are welcome from, library technicians, library assistants, librarians and people working in libraries.
- Applicant must not have received a MAHIP Continuing Education Award in the previous 3 calendar years
- Members of the MAHIP Executive are not eligible for the grant
- Preference will be given to MAHIP members
Factors to be Used in Evaluating Applications:
- Availability of funding from other sources for the requester to attend professional development activities
- Content of the continuing education and relevance of the professional development activity to the improvement of health and health care by promoting excellence in access to information
Guidelines for Award Recipients:
- If the recipient of a grant is unable to attend the funded professional development activity, or the activity is cancelled, the amount of the grant must be returned to the Association.
- Within four weeks of the completion of the activity, recipients of the grant must submit to the Executive a brief report on the activity and its benefit.
MAHIP Continuing Education Award Form